site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, June 21, 2004
It's the Stitcher's Five...

...welcome back after Father's Day. I hope the day was a good one, whether or not you had a father present to celebrate or honor.

We had a pretty good day... I think. That would be up to DH to say, of course.

In the meantime, here's the Stitcher's Five...



1. What was your first finished stitched piece?
Well, that would have to be the banner that I made for A that hangs at the foot of her bed. It's got her name, stitched in bright yellows, and some little bears (from 101 Bears with Personality). B has an identical one.

2. What was the first piece you used beads on?
That would also be the above piece. I am *SO* much better at attaching beads now.

3. What was the first piece you used blends on?
The first piece I ever used blends on would be Teresa Wentzler's 'Dragon Ride' - no one told me that blending threads would be so beautiful... or that it was supposed to be difficult. Granted, the bears were a lot easier than all those blends in the dragon's scales, but you're supposed to have color changes there, right? It made sense to me at the time.

4. What was the first piece you used speciality stitches on?
Would a long stitch count? If so, then it's 'Dragon Ride'. If not, then... Hrm. I think it was one of the little Victoria Sampler learning kits - 5-1, I believe, because all of a sudden I was in a community where hardanger was getting a popularity resurgence, and I just went along with the crowd.

5. What was the first piece you stitched on evenweave or linen as opposed to aida?
That would be the 4th piece I ever finished - it was a Cross My Heart piece of a little hidden garden that my mom has hanging in her house. I framed it myself too, but if I got my hands on it again, I know I could do a better job than I did at the time.



And so that concludes the Stitcher's Five for today. I hope the rest of the week flows along nicely for you, and that it brings you wonderful surprises and happy days.