site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, October 29, 2003
Furthering education...

Before I start, a dear friend received her surprise wedding present today, and tells me that she was overwhelmed at receiving it. *grin* That's good... because myself and a bunch of others hope she enjoys it for a long while to come.

Now, onto business at hand...

Well, whether I like it or not, my company is moving over to Lotus Notes instead of using Outlook for mail... and because we need better workplace flow applications and sametime discussions and the like. Which is fine by me.

But I got roped into being part of the liason team - to be a faciliatator of discussion between end users and the experts installing this software. Ok, that's fine by me too. More wonderful stuff for the resume.

But now I am armed with a Lotus Notes 6 book. Why? Because I've also been tapped as a potential Lotus Developer. Aaaah. Application Development. As DH said to A & B last night "Mommy gets to learn how to speak in strange long strings of code to try and get new things to work better." I'm not sure I like that definition, but I'll go with it for the time being.

My boss thinks I'll be running to him for Notes help fairly regularly. I laughed and said "I'm armed with a For Dummies book, and no wise cracks about *that* either"

And I'm armed with an Excel Data Analysis book. Why? Because I do data analysis. And I think it would be fun. That's how twisted I am. I actually like creating things in Excel...

*hangs head* ...yes, I am geek, hear me groan.