site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, October 21, 2003
Icky sicky...

You know, when you're fighting a cold and you have kids, it's never easy. Especially when they're small. Mine aren't quite small - they're 6 & 7 1/2 but still not quite independant. They can't call out for pizza, after all.

Not that thier father would let them either. :)

Ah, but ever since they were small, the youngest one would always bring me her prize toy - you know the one... that they drag everywhere, sleep with, and panic when they cannot find it - and a blanket. And she's the one that stays close, and worries about me.

The older one could probably care less - after all, daddy's makin' macaroni and cheese most nights that I don't feel well, and she's all for that. But I know she cares too. Because she makes sure that her younger sister doesn't wake me when she checks up on me when I've fallen asleep on the couch (I know this from playing possum, and from my husband telling me it is so).

But I'm not quite over this thing yet, and I think I'm going to crawl off and finish some work and then go home for a half day.

...and I'll wait for the littlest one to come home and give me her prize toy, and the older one to make sure I get to sleep.