site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I'm Distracted...
...and thus, I'm not blogging.

Why am I distracted? No, it's not because of my ongoing bout with not being a thriving member of the working world. It's the election. Politics. The general state of the financial world.

All of these things are distracting me from actually writing about what's going on from day to day in the world from a social point of view. That's frustrating. I have Blogger open automatically every day (thank you Morning Coffee plugin for Firefox) and I stare at it for a couple of minutes while my head spins with lots of things I could say, yet nothing I really want to get into, before I close it and move on.

I'd love to talk about the state of the financial world, but I can't. Not without going into the politics of it. And if I went into the politics of it, I'd get called out for slamming one side or the other, or playing favorites or some other nonsense.

So I avoid the topic. And I can't talk about the election, because that's politics too. I don't want to talk about the mess in the sports world because I hate the Raiders and that's all I need to say about that. I could talk about administration of a rather large crafting community, but I don't want anyone to take anything I say about that wrongly either, so that topic is verboten.

So what does that leave? Well, I could talk about the kids but that gets boring after a couple of sentences - they're fine, straight A students and one of them runs cross country (first meet tomorrow, so maybe I could talk about that) and is learning percussion in beginning band. I could talk about DH, but there's nothing to say there either. Good guy, takes good care of the portfolio, listens to me when I ramble during the day and leaves me alone when I play Dance Dance Revolution as my non-gym day cardio.

Don't want to talk about my stitching. That's only happening once or twice a week and I can't talk about the model anyway (which is the only thing I'm working on).

I could talk about my health worries, but so far the test results are clean and why borrow trouble? Oh, for those who don't know, I'm having a minor female plumbing issue and we're trying to get down to the bottom of it. So far, just a mystery now and the reigning opinion is slightly wonky hormones probably due to a combination of stress and kicking my workouts up a few notches.

I don't want to talk about business nor do I want to jinx something else I've been thinking about diving into. And no, if you email me I won't share what that something else is either. Neither will I reveal it if you call me. That's how cautious I'm being about it because I don't know that it's something I'll actually do, although DH says to Go For It. And he said so enthusiastically, which is a little frightening.

So, there you have it. I'm distracted with lots of things going on, and yet almost nothing to talk about. I figured I should say something here so you know why it's so quiet...

...maybe this will get me thinking about other things I could talk about again.