site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
To Paraphrase...
...a famous quote from Babylon5:

No Blog Today. Blog Tomorrow.

Well, I hope blog tomorrow. So far I've been in the office for 45 minutes and done nothing but take customer phone calls. No metrics, no email, nothing. It's taken me 25 minutes to type this much in this entry because of all the interruptions.

Now I know why I got out of dealing directly with customers. It's not that I hate people. It's that I cannot *stand* certain types of interruptions when I am concentrating on something. IM's are soft interruptions. They flash prettily in the taskbar 10 times and then just stay colored orange until I click on them and give them attention. Phone calls or people who are demanding help right in your face are the interruptions that jar me too much.

Ok... it's been 10 more minutes and it's time to get to work. Well, I've been working, but I need to do number work...