site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Stll no blog today...
...you'd think if I spent almost the entire period of time from 7:30am to 11 pm (with about one hour in that time spent driving or showering) that I would have written something up for today, right?

Wrong. Still no blog of note today. That's what working at a start up does for me. And I got up at 6:15 this morning in order to make it into the office early and starting sourcing *more* books.

That's neither here nor there. I just wanted to point out something to think about. I know there's a writer's strike. I know television pickings are getting lean. I know that awards shows are hurting. But please... someone tell Joaquin Phoenix two things:

Let me preface this by saying that I only saw a screen capture of his first cue card:

1 - It's a writers strike. I doubt he's a member of the WGA and therefore it would be ok for him to speak. It would have been ok for him to ad-lib as if it were an interview because those aren't pre-written comments. He really didn't have to pull a Bob Dylan with the cue cards for his speech.

2 - Joaquin, please remember to have someone proofread your cue cards that you hold up to the camera because whoever wrote your name on the first one mis-spelled it. Yes, they mis-spelled your name. They left out the 'u'. I don't know if you did something cute with that 'u' later on in the cue card speech and I don't care if you did. I just think that the cards should have been printed more neatly and without a mis-spelling.