site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Best Laid Plans...
...I had a great blog post for today. I really did. I still do - it's sitting in my drafts and I'll probably publish it tomorrow. It got bumped because of the historical significance of today.

Had he lived, the great Mel Blanc would have been 100 years old today. The most prolific voice actor of our time, and the most beloved by the animation community.

Yeah, Doc... the voice of Bugs and Porky and Secret Squirrel and so very many many others. I cried years ago when he passed away, and again when I was in a shop and saw the animation cel that paid tribute to him. And I shed a tear today when I was reminded that today was his birthday.

Let's take a moment to remember such a great contributor to the animation landscape. As for the blog today...

...That's All Folks!