site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Wow... a Double Digit Midget...
...my my my, how time has flown.

I've been more preoccupied with counting down the days until I will be free of my current employer that I've almost forgotten another countdown that ends today. But a little one in my house has been tracking it carefully. B is now officially a double digit midget - she's 10 years old.

A favorite auntie recently said that B's not allowed to turn 10. Five is ok. Maybe six. But not 10. Considering I've known this person since B was about 3 (has it really been that long?!), that's not surprising that she's in as much shock as I am that B has reached this point.

So here we are, at 10 and she's about to go away for her first camp out with A tomorrow night and we're celebrating her birthday today. What a wonderful day! I'm sure she'll think so even more when she finds out what her birthday present is, which has been put into a larger box and wrapped with the Sunday comics and has been sitting on the kitchen counter for the last 2 days.

It's slowly been driving her nuts and she even asked me last night to "pretty pretty please" tell her what is in there. But I won't tell. Well, not her. We won't tell A either, who has been trying to get it out of DH. Unsuccessfully - she's been told that when she has a present for Becca then she can tell us what it is and we'll tell her. But I can share it with you.

B is getting a pretty little silver iPod shuffle that is waiting for her. DH won it at a trade show and figured that she's the one who should get it. He doesn't need one, I have one, and A has a different brand that she loves. B kept borrowing my shuffle after baseball practice while we cleaned up and chatted with the other coach, so it just seemed natural that she get this. In addition, I have a pretty little stuffed elephant waiting for a bow around it's neck to get placed on her bed before I pick her up from camp, which she'll find when she goes upstairs to change for dinner.

So here's to my little blue-eyed B's birthday. I still can't believe my baby is 10.