site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, July 09, 2007
Thanks...
...I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for the supporting words and such in my comments from Friday's entry.

I have faith that I'll find the right job, I just hope it comes sooner rather than later. I want to clarify something though - I didn't hate what I did. Not a bit. I love my job, I just don't like who I am doing it for. If I were assigned to any other manager in this group I probably would be crying in my tea that they're making me leave. But the idiot I reported to for the last year made this a very easy situation.

Have you ever known or worked with someone who would say Good Morning to the people standing around you and address them *BY NAME* and completely ignore you until you said something to him? Well, imagine working for someone like that. He's personable to everyone except me. He only dealt with me when he had to, no matter what I did. And yes, I *have* tried to make the best of the situation and say Good Morning, or strike up other conversation like asking after his wife (who is expecting their first child, OMG HE SPAWNED) or the dog, or just in general how are things going. I hear other people ask him these things and he starts talking. I get clipped answers.

He's just not the manager for me.

Reinventing myself? Maybe. I've given that thought, and we'll see where it leads (if anywhere). In the meantime, it's business as usual and resumes flying out as quickly as I find things that are suitable to apply for.

And yes, there are still people who don't believe that I am as happy as I am. But I think everyone agrees with the idea that I really don't have any motivation to work any longer and that the next 4 weeks are going to be hard.