site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, April 02, 2007
March Recap....
...I'm shamelessly stealing this from Annette who did this to cover January...

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Let's see... I perused through Rolling Stone (I have a subscription, and I think it was a freebie 'scrip when I bought some concert tickets a while back), and Reader's Digest. I read Sala's Gift, which is an outstanding story about a woman who survived the Holocaust while in labor camps. I also finished off Shopaholic and Baby (great brain candy) and Jacqueline Mitchard's latest, Cage of Stars.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

What didn't I watch?

The family and I started up 'The 10th Kingdom' which we seem to watch about twice a year (because it's an 8 hour long affair, twice is plenty). I also managed to watch 'Bridge to Terabithia' in the theater, 'Eragon' and 'Flushed Away' on DVD. All were good.

Television had the usual things: Grey's Anatomy, House, The Amazing Race, Battlestar Galactica, NCIS, Jericho, Mythbusters, Good Eats, and now Meerkat Manor (on Animal Planet) for the kids.

What special days did I celebrate and how?

March houses my wedding anniversary, and so we celebrated that. Kids and all for a sushi dinner. That's the first time we had the kids with us for our anniversary.

Oh, and there was the 8th anniversary of me working where I work. I didn't really do anything that special that day.

That's about it for special days.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

Hrm... oh yes. A very pretty pair of pearl earrings came my way for my anniversary. That's about it in the gift giving department.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

None.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

Let's see. I had Greek food for the first time (yum!) and I made something called 'crap in a bowl'. I'll talk more about that later perhaps... it was good though.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

I bought tickets to see Genesis in concert... now I have to be patient until October.

What were this month’s disappointments?

Nothing really...

What were my accomplishments this month?

I'm still alive and still employed. And I managed to work some more on the model that I have in my possession. I've been slowing down on stitching and upping the reading, but I know I need to balance the stitching back into the schedule again, so I can finish this and get started on other things.

Anything else noteworthy to record?

Well, I did get the opportunity to be on the decision making team for a new piece of business intelligence software. We're deciding between Business Objects and MicroStrategy. I'm putting my weight behind MicroStrategy at the moment. It's much slicker and they're more friendly to work with. BO wants a "controlled" test because they think we won't be able to intuitively work with the program. That speaks volumes to ease (or lack of ease) of use.

Anyway, that's it for the month of March - hopefully more exciting things will happen during April!