site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, March 19, 2007
It Was a Weekend...
...what else can I say?

Yes, I know this blog is getting boring with the detritus of my daily life coming in more instead of the socially strange things I talk about.

I just haven't had a lot of interesting things to talk about lately. News has slowed down. Oh sure, I could go on and on about 5 years in Iraq, but what am I going to say that's different than anyone else?

We shouldn't be there.
They don't want us there.
Let's get our people out of there before more of them die.
Someone go after that guy at 1600 Penn. Avenue for thumbing his nose at the law.

There. Same things everyone else is saying in the press, in the protests. That was a nice short blog entry, wasn't it?

Ok, ok. Back to life. Baseball on Saturday: our team won. It was a challenge (we definitely need to work more on fielding) but we won. I felt like I needed a nap right after the game, which started at 3 and ended somewhere close to 5, but I couldn't fall asleep. Then DH made corned beef and cabbage (YUM!) and we ate around 8. And I still couldn't fall asleep.

I fell asleep around 10:00 while watching television. And woke up 20 minutes later and watched more television. Went to bed close to midnight, woke up at 7:15am and couldn't go back to sleep no matter how hard I tried. I ended up taking two naps in the middle of the afternoon to make up for it, and I feel completely wasted-tired this morning.

See? Boring weekend. Oh, wait, I have tickets to see Genesis in concert. Bought them yesterday. That made it not as boring, as that was a rather up and alert part of the day.

Maybe I'll have something more thoughtful to say tomorrow...