site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
What An Honor...
...*steps up to the podium, looks out at everyone, takes a deep breath and starts to speak*

This is such an honor to be recognized by the Acade- oh wait, wrong speech. *shuffles around for the right cards* Ah, sorry. Well, this is an honor. It's about time, I think.

I want to thank Time Magazine for choosing me for their Person of the Year. I cannot say that I have been waiting for this honor for many years, because I haven't. But it is about time it happened. I have to thank you for recognizing my contribution to this that has become Web 2.0. That my content additions to that which is the World Wide Web via this blog are being honored.

It is hard work being a blogger, even more so trying to be a blogger who is interesting and insightful on a regular basis. Still, with Web 2.0, I can publish anything and someone will read it and enjoy it. After all, one man's garbage is another man's treasure, be it talking about cross-stitching or writing a letter to a spammer.

I mentioned this to my husband and he thinks it might be less of an honor than many might think. After all, you have honored George W. Bush *and* Saddam Hussein as past Men of the Year. To think that I might be in their company is a little...

Well, I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not so sure it's really an honor. But hey, I'll take what I can get, and as long as y'all don't decide that Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton or one of the Olsen twins needs to be a Person of the Year, then I'm good.

I really don't want to keep company with them, although they'd be better than being honored with the ones that I'm currently sharing space with. Oh wait, do any of those folks blog? They certainly are talked about by enough bloggers and other Web 2.0 junkies.

*sigh*

Well, I'll take the honor while I can get it. Thank you Time Magazine for recognizing us content providers for the web, even if most of the millions of bloggers out there can't string two coherent sentences together and many of the video providers are making short films that no one will ever watch. Now can you please get back to honoring people who really deserve it?

And as soon as I think of one, I'll let you know.