site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, September 01, 2006
Random Rambles....

...yes, it's time once again for a set of Random Rambles. Monday I'll probably be back with a review of my children's behavior at a Chicago concert - their first real rock concert. I don't count two visits to see Rockapella as a real concert simply because it was quiet and everyone was well behaved and there really wasn't any getting up and dancing during the show. There shouldn't be much of that for this show either, based on the venue, with the exception of a couple of numbers.

But that remains to be seen. Now onto the rambles.



I was beginning to wonder where all the really good bumper stickers have been lately, because the backs of cars look so... well... alike these days. And then, right out of the blue, this appeared on the car in front of me:

God was my co-pilot but the plane crashed in the mountains so I had to eat him.




Then there are the bumper stickers of the internet. Some are clever, like a user named Whraven using something like 'Quoth the Whraven, Neomore' on Neopets. Some are head scratchers because you don't get the reference. And then there are those that are just plain outrageous and sing to you when you're in the right mood. Like this one:

I don't want to just rain on your parade when I can torch the floats too.




You know how there's this big thing in Hollywood about doing remakes of established movies? Well, they do that in music too. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not. Right now it's really popular to cover Gnarls Barkley's 'Crazy' (a favorite song of my DH's and Virgin Radio has stopped playing it thank goodness because I can't take hearing that song 15 times a day in a 10 hour work day).

The latest cover I've heard should never have been recorded. Really. I'm serious, because while I like Meatloaf (strange and twisted I am, I know), he really has no business covering Celine Dion's 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now'.

To tell you the truth, no one does.



Pretty Pretty Princess Pink is an ok color for a polo shirt. But not for a larger (big, not fat) man in his late 50s.



That's all for now... have a great weekend!