site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
A Little Meme....

...stolen shamelessly from Dee....


1. Elaborate on your default icon.
Well, since this isn't on LiveJournal the question really isn't valid, but then I do have that little green grinning guy following me around everywhere, so I'll talk about him.

Long ago, a few iterations of the TWBB ago, we had a different default icon set and the green guy was one of them. Since I was relatively new to this community, and I was being safe about my identity, I simply signed all my posts ~WG~. But I realized that even the things I was saying didn't really get my personality through, so I added the green grinning guy to the sig line. He was our default for :D. When we moved boards we lost him as an icon, and the new version of :D just wasn't the same. So I hunted him down, added him to my webspace and he's been hanging out by my username ever since.

2. What's your current relationship status?
Happily married.


3. Ever have a near-death experience?

I think the closest that I've come is probably while I was on the wrong painkillers while in labor with A. In all honesty, that was closer to Alzheimer's than it was near-death, so I'd have to say no.

4. Name an obvious quality you have.
I'm verbose.

5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
"Never Be Lonely" by The Feeling is fighting it out with "What If I'm Right" by Sandi Thom.

6. Name a celebrity you would marry.
They're all cracked, I don't think I'd want to marry any of them, but if I have to choose... Michael Vartan. I guess. Or John Cusack. I don't know...

7. Who will cut and paste this first?
I'm not sure anyone would.

8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
Not in so many words. I did have an entertaining experience at Sundance one year when someone asked me if I was somebody because I looked so familiar. I responded "Aren't we all somebody?" and walked on. In retrospect, I probably should have said that I was Martha Quinn (one of the original MTV DJ's - people used to say I reminded them of her. Sort of.

9. Do you wear a watch?
Almost always. My Citizen Eco-Drive is always on my wrist - and when it isn't then I usually have my cell phone, which doubles as my other timepiece.

10. Do you have anything pierced?
Just the ears.

11. Do you have any tattoos?
Hell no.

12. Do you like pain?
Only if there are good painkillers to keep the pain at bay.

13. Do you like to shop?
Eh. Take it or leave it most of the time.

14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
School supplies. Last night.

15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
Also school supplies. On Sunday.

16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
Um... DH. No, that's not right. It was one of the network guys at work while we were trying to solve a network problem with saving files.

17. What is on your desktop background?
Currently it's the second image on this page, entitled Home Galaxy

18. What is the background on your mobile phone?
It's just one of the default wallpapers. Just some cream colored architecture.

19. Do you like redheads?
Yeah, most redheads I've known have been very nice people.

20. Do you know any twins?
I did. I'm glad I don't know them any longer. No offense to anyone who's a twin who is a regular reader because I probably don't know you're a twin.

21. Do you have any weird relatives?
Doesn't everyone?

22. What was the last movie you watched?
'D.C. Cab' - great movie. I think I need to see it again - even if just for the scene where Albert and Tyrone make 'The Ruuuuuun'

23. What was the last book you read?
Well, I'm reading Carl Hiaasen's 'Hoot' right now. Last book I finished though... 'Countdown' by Iris Johanson. I think. Or it might have been a Terry Pratchett...


24. Why do you fill out these memes?

Because it's good blog filler. Because it's a good way to answer some questions that would probably never come up in the course of regular conversation in my blog. Because I like seeing people's reactions (or non-reactions, which is the usual situation) to them.