site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Bits and Pieces, Odds and Ends...

...just a few things in response to comments, small observations, etc. I guess I could call this a Random Rambles, but I just did one of those a couple of days ago, and this isn't really in the spirit of that.



In response to Belinda's comment to yesterday's blog entry:

Yes, Belinda, those 21 inches were *definitely* compensation for missing inches elsewhere. Trust me on that. (Yes, that post graduation "hooked up" meant exactly that... planned though since we supposedly had 'gotten back together'. Again.)

edited to add Did I happen to mention that this same guy is the only one that my parents liked of anyone I ever brought home or mentioned I was dating, and they were always hoping that he and I would "work things out" and get back together. Permanently. Riiiiight.



In response to comments about the fact that the universe was giving me nickels potentially as extra change for all those who need a clue:

I don't want the change back. Take the damn nickels back universe... I just want a new job.



That's right. If you've not figured it out, I want a new job. And I'm going to be talking about my frustrations at work and those that I work with and I frankly don't care anymore who's reading.

I'm not mentioning any names, or specific roles, or company names, or anything confidential so let's see where this takes us in the coming days. Writing is cathartic for me, and I need to get rid of some of this stress in a bad bad way.



A very good friend reminded me last night that I *am* an adult. It's my parents that need to grow up. Agreed.

And I also agree that this was a long time in coming, and I should have cut them off years ago.



So JonBenet Ramsey's killer has been allegedly caught. And is admitting that it was "an accident", that he "loved" JonBenet, he was just planning on kidnapping her and didn't mean for it to happen.

If he "loved" her so much why didn't he take more care while strangling her with a garrote as he assaulted her. I love my children, as many other parents do, but I doubt that any of us wrap our children's necks with a homemade garrote and attempt to rape them. The killer is to be charged with 1st degree murder, kidnapping and child sexual assault upon his arrival back in the United States - he is currently in Thailand.

It's sad, but I have to say Thank Goodness he was caught finally - not so the Ramsey's have peace, or because justice will come for JonBenet's death, but so that I eventually won't have to hear about this case anymore and I don't have to see those awful pictures of that little girl all dolled up for the beauty pageants.

Little kids should be little kids, not vamped up wannabe adults, yknow?



This isn't a knock on anyone, except maybe myself. It's really discouraging watching so many people around me on the 'net land multiple interviews or manage to get some fantastic job opportunity so very quickly, while I sit here in the 7th week of my search and I have nothing to show for it. Don't get me wrong - I *want* to hear about everyone having success and I'm happy for everyone too. It's just that I want to be happy for me too and I don't see any relief on the horizon.

The resumes are being revised and sent out to all sorts of companies and opportunities, but nothing's happening. Either my resume stinks (I don't think so), or companies are dragging thier feet when it comes to hiring people at the moment.

And if you know of that really great position at your company that I'd be perfect for, thank you, but no - relocation is not an option because of a startup that DH is trying to get going (and hopefully they'll have money sooner rather than later, but I know how that can take time too).



Well, that's all for the moment. I'm here, I'm a little discouraged, but I'm still dragging my rear out of bed to get to work. And I don't hate this place - I still love what I do, but I don't like the people that I'm left working with for the most part, and I want to do what I do for someone who will appreciate it.