site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Some Changes (as if there weren't enough already)

First Change: As you can see, I've rolled out a new template. I found it over at Pannasmontata Templates and made a few adjustments and changes to it to suit me.

I know I don't have to tell any of you to not 'borrow' the images, the code, or anything else that falls under copyright... we stitchers are an honest bunch of people. Why did I change the template? Because I've had the same template for about 18 months and it was time for a change. I seem to be moving through lots of changes these days... I'm even considering a new gym....

Let's see... I've got a new blinkie there. The Wagon Blinkie still links to the Wagon. No matter where you go in the archives, clicking the "WhizGidget Wonders" title will bring you back to the front page (that's a nice change, don't you think?). Oh, the blog roll is now in a scroll box, so you'll have to scroll throught the box instead of 3/4 of the way down the entire page to see if anyone's updated. I've thought about changing it so that the most recently updated blogs sort up to the top, but not everyone's blogs show up as updated in the list for one reason or another - what do you think - should I do the resort, or leave it in alphabetical order?

Anyway, I hope you like the new template - I sure do. And if you don't like the new template....well... sorry. Can't do anything about that. Oh, and unless I come up with something new, consider this your Monday entry - let me know what you think (honestly) of the new look and if you have any suggestions, please, feel free. I *am* looking for good No Right Click code that actually works too, if you know of some...

...oh, and no shoutboxes. I refuse to have one of those on the site unless they log every single thing by every single person, with IP addresses, that is said... I won't put up with abuse on this site, and don't think that the readers here should have to either - the restrictions on shoutboxes/tagboards that I list are for *everyone's* protection.

Next change: again, if you only have my work email in your address book, shoot me an email there and I'll update you with an alternate address that you can always use no matter where I work...

Clarification: based on some of the comments, I think there's a bit of confusion about. I am still gainfully employed - I have not quit my job yet. I still spend 10 hours a day there getting a paycheck and slowly going insane.

I'm looking for another job while I still have this one because I need the benefits for the kids - I refuse to deal with an increase in spending like that without money coming in. And it's always easier to find a new job when you've got a current one. So, no, I'm not unemployed and frustrated - I'm gainfully *employed* and frustrated... and bored... and unstimulated... and being kept out of the loop, and a host of other things that lead most sane people to find another position.

I just have to endure this one until I get the right job elsewhere and then quit and never look back.