site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, May 12, 2006
Sunday is Mother's Day...

...don't forget your mom. She probably did a lot for you while you were growing up. And while you're an adult.

Yes, I know it's hard because some of you don't have your moms anymore, and some of you don't want them anymore, and some moms didn't do squat for thier kids while they were growing up. And some of you want to be moms more than anything and can't. And I hurt for that because I wish everyone who wanted to be a mom could be one.

I'll loan you my kids when they're out of hand and that could change your mind.

What gets me is watching a group of DH's friends discuss the monthly game club date and seeing some of them drop out because "it's Mother's Day weekend" - since when did Mother's Day become a *WEEKEND*? I certainly didn't get that memo and I've been a mom for 10 years now. Father's Day certainly isn't a weekend... although I know some guys that think that Dads get the shaft on Father's Day because Mom's special day comes first. To tell you the truth, I really don't care. They should combine the two into a single weekend and make the kids wait on the parents the whole weekend if there's going to be strife about it. And when the kids become parents themselves, then they're released from the obligation to thier own parents. We could start a whole new card and present line. I bet I can get Hallmark on board with the idea and then it could be just one more commercial holiday that we add to the calendar.

Who's with me? *looks out at the silent stone faced readers*

Thought so.

I've already sent my mom flowers that should arrive this afternoon, and I don't know what to expect from Sunday for myself. I really wish I could have some bacon fried rice from a local cafe, but that cafe isn't in business anymore and I never got the recipe from them before they shut down. *sniffle* Hey, life changes, right? That seems to have been the theme this week without my intentionally directing it that way.

Ah well, I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day. Or just a happy weekend if you're not planning (or intending, or can't) celebrate Mom.