site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, November 14, 2005
Good Morning, everyone...

...it's Monday once again, and that means a visit to The A List!

For those interested in my weekend - it was calm, quiet, and relatively lazy. I really need to sweep and mop the kitchen floor. I made pasta on Saturday and it turned out well - by made, I mean homemade, not throw the bag/box into the water and let it boil. We picked up things for Thanksgiving dinner, so there's a 3.5 pound turkey breast in the freezer now. I was hoping for 5 pounds - oh well. I'm already plotting the stuffing.

Little things like that took up the weekend.



Music is everywhere these days: MP3s, iTunes, CDs, streaming audio and iPods...everywhere you look people are walking around with tiny earbuds in their ears listening to their favorite music.

What is your current "playlist?" OR: Real or imagined, what is the current soundtrack of your life?

My current playlist happens to be whatever is on the radio at the moment, either in the car while surfing the stations, or what I find on Virgin Radio (which I stream at work). Every once in a while, however, I pull out my 'portable brain' and plug that into the computer and start up a playlist that runs from The Rippingtons 'Curves Ahead' to Chicago's unreleased (and bootleg) 'Stone of Sisyphus' album to a bunch of 80s hair rock (Def Leppard and Bon Jovi predominate) to Trans-Siberian Orchestra's 'Beethoven's Last Night' - it all depends on what zip file I've put on there, and what I'm mixing around at the time.

Mood has a lot to do with it too. Currently I'm happy with those sort of happy pop songs that you can sing along with without busting something in your lungs, or where screaming lyrics is not involved. Mid-range tones, subject of the song doesn't matter, as long as it sounds happy. And as long as it isn't Christmas music...

...and I'll talk about *that* tomorrow.