site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Thursday, April 07, 2005
State of my World...

... It makes sense that the State of the Stitching be followed by the State of My World, right? I will make this abundantly clear that I stole this from a thread on the Rotation BB, which I should probably go paste this into as well. Oh, and this is in no order of importance either.

Work:

Work has been keeping me busier than busy. If it isn't a new process that's rolling in that complicates my materials ordering process, it's someone else grousing about their stats (which makes my data analysis take longer) or something else entirely (like the datawarehouse crashing and not giving me any data for a day or two). But, the boss is out of the office for the next two weeks and I don’t have any meetings to attend. And the creepy guy? He begged and bugged the boss and finally got the office that's far far away from the sunlight and isn't near me anymore. He *did* come over the other day to let me know that he moved, just in case I didn't notice. I played stupid and said "oh, is *that* what that was? I thought you were just moving cabinets around for exercise and something to do."

Yes that was snarky and rude. No, he doesn't get to rate me on my 360 review in a couple of months.

Health:

I'm in pretty good health, except for the allergies. A little Claritin cures that. I've got a few small aches and pains from various activities from the weekend, and from too much typing/mousing (the underside of my right arm is starting to complain a little bit once in a while so I’ve been taking it easy). I still make it to the gym about 4 times a week, so that’s going well.

Still, the allergies bug me. I wish I could take a pill that would cure it forever and ever and ever, but I'm sure something else would rear it's ugly head to replace it.

Social:

Social? I've got kids and a husband and a dog and a full time job and a BB to admin, and a blog to write, and you expect me to be social?

I think this is as social as I get.

Family:

They're still there. They like me at the moment, but that could be because I gave the kids my Tuesday PS2 gaming time so that I could talk with DH about something important. Parents? I still have them, and as far as I know they're in good health, but they never tell me anything so I don't really know what's going on. Mostly the answer I get is "the same", although I'm not really sure what that means anymore.

Stitching:

See yesterday’s blog.

Non-Stitching:

That would mean crochet, since I don’t really have any other non-stitching activities except computer games and I really don’t think you want to hear about my lack of progress playing Sims 2. Crochet has been at a standstill for the last few weeks, as I've really been diving into Guardian (for more on that, see yesterday's entry).

The only other thing I could think that non-stitching could mean is the state of the house and I really don't want to talk about that other than to state that I hate ants. But I think I hate them slightly less than DH who has been battling them off and on throughout the day for at least the last two weeks.

And I publicly thank him and love him for that.

Other:

I'm not social, and I'm supposed to have an other? I suppose other could include the kids. B is being pushed around by some little kid about half her size who is a friend. She's such a good kid that she doesn't complain about it until she's pushed to the limit. I really need to teach her to get fed up with things earlier, or at least express disappointment or discomfort, else she might turn into some headline news story about some kid pushing another off a cliff or something.

Not that there are any major cliffs nearby that she would be at with some other kid unsupervised, but you know what I mean.

A is doing great in baseball... and I have a whole 'nother entry to write about that...

...so that's the state of my world. A little messy, a little complicated, but it's mine.