site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, March 01, 2005
6 years...

...I can hardly believe it's been 6 years. I'm stunned.

6 years since I walked through the door of a little 9000 square foot office space and started my journey at the 3rd start up of my life. On one hand, it's been a long 6 years, and on the other it's just flown by in the blink of an eye.

I can still hardly believe that I'm still here after all this time. I know I said that last year but it's still incredible.

It's been an interesting year, to say the least, in the office. Let's see...

I had a good friend in CS who was always afraid I'd "go be with my own kind". She always meant management types, decision makers. She was right in a way - I did go to be with my own kind: kind, happy, confident folks who aren't two-faced.

The ex-boss is gone... it was a "mutual parting of the ways" last May. Riiiiight. Even so, a huge amount of stress left my life when he left the building.

We moved offices from a huge building to an even bigger one in August. My commute has changed from a slight busy 80 mph freeway (where someone slammed into the back end of my Jeep on B's 5th birthday) to an 50 mph expressway that's practically deserted - and it still takes the same amount of time to get to work.

We got a couple of new employees on the team - one a strong woman who engineered herself out of a job, another a guy who is a brand new, director for the very first time (replacing the ex-boss) and doesn't know how to manage quite yet, and a strange sweater wearing, cowboy-boot wearing individual (who probably would have gotten along with the ex-boss very well).

My job has morphed and changed slightly, yet again, as I take on yet another module in my already busy days.

There are so many other little details that I can't even begin to think about that have changed in the last year, let alone the last 6!

So, here I sit in the early morning hours in my office looking around and completely amazed that it's been 6 wonderful (and sometimes rocky) years.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and I'm going to try to not be so stunned that I've just started my 7th year here...

... good gravy, did I just say my 7th year?