site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, February 22, 2005

… the Friday Forum and the Sunday Brunch… maybe I should just make those Monday Memes. Hrm. For some reason I think they both work together nicely today…



1] Has there ever been a moment in your life that you wish could have LASTED forever? In other words, you would have frozen time at that very second in order to live that moment for eternity? When did it happen, and how did you feel?

Oh boy… I think that would be the first time that DH ever kissed me. I wish that could have lasted forever and ever at the time. It was 13 years ago (roughly) and I felt like I could fly…

2] Have you ever finished in LAST place, whether during a race, a contest, a competition, an exam, or something else? How did it make you feel? When a situation like that occurs, do you usually maintain a positive attitude or feel like you have completely failed?

Sure, I’ve been last lots of times. There’s no way you could grow up with a last name that started with ‘Zu’ and *not* be last a lot. Of course that comes with alphabetization. I learned to hate it, really, so I’ve never handled it well in competition. I don’t care if I’m first at something, I’d rather finish somewhere in the middle of the pack. I’ve gotten better about being last as I’ve grown up though.

3] Who's the LAST person you talked with on the phone? E-mailed? Received an e-mail from? Hugged? Went out to lunch with? Thought about? Made something for? Made plans with? IMed?

(all of this is as of this publishing)
Last person on the phone: Angi
Email: A group of people I exchange email with
Hugged: DH
Went out to lunch with: DH and the kids
Thought about: Melissa
Made Something For: Me.
Made Plans With: N/a
IM’d: Kari

4] When's the LAST time that you did something nice just for yourself? What was it? How do you usually treat/reward yourself? Do
you take time out of each day to do something for yourself? Do you buy yourself a birthday gift or Christmas gift each year?


The last time I did something nice for myself – is stitching in the middle of the day one that counts? I usually treat myself with a nice lunch or some stash… and yes, I do buy myself birthday and Christmas presents, but not because I don’t get them from other people.

5] What do you think you'll be doing on the LAST day of this month (February 28)? If you could choose a month and have it LAST forever (in other words, it would be July all the time from now on), which month would you choose and why?

Feb 28? I’ll be at work, and somehow managing to wish a best buddy of mine a happy birthday. As for months… if it could be April or May all the time I’d be thrilled. Especially if it were a May that always had Santa Clara CATS in it. Heee.



"Turn them on, turn them on, turn on those sad songs. When all hope is gone, why don't you tune in and turn them on?"-Elton John

1) Do you have a song with your significant other and what is it?

Sure do – it’s ‘A Whole New World’ from Disney’s Aladdin. It’s what we danced to at our wedding.

2) Name three songs that were special to you with former significant others. Do you still think of that person when you hear it?

Oh boy… 3? Well, let’s see.
The psycho stalker ex-boyfriend comes to mind when I hear Earth, Wind and Fire’s ‘September’. It’s what we were dancing to when I first met him freshman year and spent some time with him that night dancing and chatting. I didn’t see him again until junior year, and yes, he does come to mind when I hear it. It wasn’t important by any means, but its what reminds me.

The musician… *sigh* That one is definitely Marillion’s ‘Kayleigh’ and the entire Genesis album that has ‘Illegal Alien’ and ‘Silver Rainbow’ on it. Oh, my… what a voice that man had…

The one who ran off to Japan… Would you believe Cat Steven’s ‘Wild World’ comes to mind? It wasn’t an important song for either of us, but for some reason it reminds me of one rainy Saturday night that I spent in his room working through my macroeconomics homework and he was reading through Business Law… It just stands out, maybe because we both started singing it softly while we were reading and never looked at each other or mentioned it or said anything significant for a couple more hours after that.

3) What is your favorite song of the moment?

That’s a toss up between Travis’ “Flowers in the Window” and Snow Patrol’s “How to Be Dead”

4) Do you associate songs with time periods? Give an example.

Well… with so much focus on retro, or the 80s, it’s hard not to pin certain songs to time periods. If you’re talking about periods in my life, I think I covered that in question #2.

5) If you were to give your job a theme song, what song would it be and why?
*snerk* You’re kidding, right? Oh man. There’s no such animal that I could assign to my job I don’t think…. Can anyone else come up with one for me? Wait, that might be dangerous…