site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, February 11, 2005
It's Friday...

...and I couldn't be happier. It's been a long week, and that's only partially because of other things that have been going on with friends and such, but because it feels like the whole week just dragged on.

That and I still have this blasted cough, and my voice is still a little rough (a result of the cough), and I can't stand it anymore. I'm starting to get a little wheeze when I draw in a breath prior to coughing, and that isn't sitting well with me.

I *do not* want to deal with asthma or bronchitis at this point. Nor do I want to deal with the collective PMS that everyone in the world around me seems to have.



1. Do you become bored easily? What do you usually do to entertain yourself when you're bored, restless, lonely, etc.? When's the last time that you felt extremely bored or didn't know what you wanted to do? What did you end up doing?

I wouldn't say that I become bored easily. I can always find something to do whether it be watching a movie, stitching, reading, playing with the kids, annoying the DH, planning a menu... There's plenty of things to do, so I don't get bored in general. It's eben a really long time since I was last bored anyway.

2. Imagine that you have a cozy, quiet, rainy day all to yourself at home. You *have* to spend the ENTIRE day at home, and you can do whatever you want. What would you choose to do, and why? (Or would you go stir crazy?)

I have to spend an entire day at home? All by myself? Load up the DVD player, give me a glass of water or soda, and let's stitch all day. Whooooie - that would be my idea of heaven.

3. Do you enjoy having "me time," or do you prefer to hang out with others? Why? How often do you spend time by yourself? Would you typically rather have a quiet evening to yourself or a night out with friends/family? Do you often have the urge to just "go somewhere" for the sake of going somewhere?

I love having "me time" - it's essential to my well-being and sanity. While I do like having company around me - at times I even crave being around people - I do need those minutes or hours by myself at times to recharge and get in touch with what I'm thinking and feeling way deep down. I tend to spend an hour or so every night stitching, so I consider that "me time" even if DH is on the couch next to me.

I've occasionally had the urge to go places just to get the heck out of the house, but that's usually after prolonged periods of time in the house or after a run of weekends where we haven't gone *anywhere* for awhile.

4. Have you ever gone to a movie theater by yourself? How about dining out by yourself? Have you ever traveled solo? What was it like? What activities, if any, do you enjoy doing *by yourself* as opposed to with others?

Oh, the days before kids and college! I used to go to the movies all the time by myself. I was perfectly happy setting myself and a bag of popcorn up at the very top of the theatre with my feet propped up on the seat back in front of me watching a movie. I still like doing that, but I don't go all the way to the back row anymore - but I'll still be in the back 1/3rd of the theatre. Of course, I might go to a movie by myself but once a year...

I don't like dining out by myself - I prefer company. Although, there is a restaurant around here that I'd like to visit more often, and no one really wants to go with me (or if they are interested, there's been no indication of it), so I might have to grab a book one day and just wander over and eat there.

5. Do you usually prefer to accomplish a project by yourself, or would you rather work in a group? Why? Do you ever have trouble delegating assignments to others, thinking that you'd rather do a task yourself and get it done the way you'd like?

Group projects (we're talking work here) usually suck, so I prefer doing them by myself. Don't get me wrong - it's not a control or perfectionism issue, it's just a matter of everyone in a group pulling their weight. Someone usually designates themselves group leader, and starts delegating, and then other folks will say that they're busy, and would I please do such and such for them, and eventually everyone dumps everything they need to do for the project on me. And if I try and dump on them first, they say they have enough to handle with their part, and can't possibly help out with mine. So, honestly, I prefer going solo for stuff like that.

I don't have issues with delegation - I do that to the people who have no choice but to do what I ask, but it's rare that I do that because it puts a strain on the production group.



Well, that's it from my point of view. Have a wonderful weekend!