site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, January 07, 2005
The Missing Memes...

... since I didn't post last week at all, there's a few memes to catch up on. I won't bore you with all of them though, but here's the ones that I wanted to answer. But first, a quiz...

My New Year's Resolution... thanks to someone with Friday on their mind for this quiz...

In the year 2005 I resolve to:

Become one with my inner sociopath.

Get your resolution here




I think my inner sociopath may have tried to take me over in 2004, so I don't think that that might be a good idea...

2 from the Sunday Brunch!

1) What are your New Year's resolutions for 2005?

I resolve not to make any resolutions. I always break them.

2) Did you make resolutions last year and did you keep them?

I made some last year. Kept a couple and tossed the rest out the window.

3) What did you do this year on New Year's Eve to celebrate, if anything?

We stayed up later than we should have and just hung about, playing computer games or the PS2. I stitched and watched movies.

4) Is there any one thing that you hope happens by next New Year's Day?

That a certain war situation peters out and we get our folks back home where they belong.

5) Describe your most memorable New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.

Um... I like them all, although there was that time we saw "The Lion King" IMAX style one New Year's Day a couple of years ago.



...and the other one from the Sunday Brunch

1) Do you use fabric softener or softener sheets?

Nope. The less stinky smelly stuff next to my clothes the better. Some of those things make us sneeze (or itch)

2) Do you dry clean clothes on a regular basis?

I used to, but now I'm very wash, dry and wear.

3) Do you do laundry as it piles up or do you wait until you are out of clean clothes?

Um... a little bit of both.

4) Do you use a clean towel every day for your shower or use the same one throughout the week?

Same one... I need to change it out.

5) Who does the laundry in your household?

We all do sort of. DH takes care of his and used to take care of the kids laundry too when it piled up and I didn't get it. The kids are now taking care of their own, for the most part (after some nagging about it). I take care of mine... and really need to do some.



The Stitcher's Question of the Week has ended. That's too bad, because I really liked doing it. So a big Thank You to Jennie who took care of that meme for quite some time.



And now, the Friday Forum for this week

1) What's one of the funniest things that you ever did as a kid? How old were you? Do you actually remember doing it? Do your parents/relatives still tell stories about it?

Funniest things I did as a kid? I didn't do anything funny as a kid. I usually kept quite to myself - partly because I didn't have much choice and partly as a protection measure so that I didn't get my hopes up about having friends who wanted to hang out with me.

2) How would you describe yourself as a child? Extroverted or introverted? Creative? Hyper? Quiet? Compare that with your personality today. Are you still that way, for the most part?

I'd have to say I was mostly introverted. Surprising, isn't it, for those who know me. I was quiet, studious, a little shy. I'm totally not that person now. I do still worry a little too much about what other people think (usually *after* my actions instead of before), and I'm rather extroverted in groups.

3) What were some of your favorite childhood toys? Do you still have any of them? What do you think of the toys that children are playing with nowadays?

I think my favorite would have to be my Pooh Bear. I had it since I was a baby. I still have it - it's tucked up and away in DH's cabinet in his office, behind glass. I can still hug him once in a while (the bear, not DH whom I hug daily), and see him every day.

As for the toys that kids are playing with today - they're not much different than what we used to play with as kids, except there's a little more emphasis on the little kid dolls being more grownup with the clothes and the makeup. Like those awful Bratz dolls - hate those things.

4) Do you feel that you get along well with children? Why/why not? Are you around them quite a bit? Are there any particular age groups that you get along especially well with?

I'd better get along well with children - I have two. I think I do ok with kids, and sometimes I don't understand why they just jabber on and on and on and on (like A did last night, I swear I think she was narrating a story to herself or something), but kids are a good thing.

5) Did you like school when you were a kid? Were you involved with any sports, extracurricular activities, etc. as a child? Did you make pretty good grades, and did you like your teachers?

I loved school when I was a kid. There was really not a lot else for me to love (school, reading, Atari 2600 - that was my life). I didn't get involved with sports or anything extracurricular until I was in high school and was asserting myself a little more that I needed these sorts of things on my transcripts for college. I was top of the class pretty regularly and the teachers and I got along pretty well, except for my fourth grade teacher who tried to convince folks that I cheated on a book report because I couldn't possibly understand "Romeo and Juliet" at the tender age of 9. Yeah. WhatEVER.



So, that's it for today. Have a wonderful weekend!