site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, July 30, 2004
It's my lucky day...

...or rather, yesterday was. I might comment on the Friday Five in a post later in the morning. For now, you get this.



Traditionally, for me, July 29 has proven to be a very lucky day. I met one of my best friends on July 29. I got my driver's licence on July 29. When the folks manning the digging equipment for the new development they were building by my house hit the pipe and broke it on July 29, I wasn't blown up (scared and evacuated within minutes, but not blown up).

Lots and lots of interesting things have happened on July 29. B's due date was July 29, 7 years ago. Granted, she took the female perogative to be late... by a couple of days. But still. The first guy I ever had a serious fantasy crush on, I saw on July 29.

Yesterday I learned that blue whales have been spotted in Alaskan waters. My daughters will grow up knowing that there are blue whales still alive. God or the fates, or the powers that rule the universe by committee vote must have decided to restock that brand of whale. And I couldn't be happier.

A few of my computer issues that I had were solved yesterday. I got at least one piece of software installed that I need. The rest will come. Soon. I hope.

The following paragraph may be TMI, avert your eyes if necessary:
TToM finally started (two days late). You know that scene in Alien, where the little parasite bursts out of the stomach in the diner? That's how I felt all day, only it was my stomach and my lower back. I doubled over at one point and saw little spots swim before my eyes. Chocolate is seeming to help but only a little bit. But I'm happy it's here... that way the pain will go away soon.

DH agrees that I shouldn't get rid of any of my cookbooks. I have three shelves in the kitchen, and enough books for 4 shelves. I just need to relocate some to a new home somewhere else in the house. Considering the only place with some room is up the stairs away from the kitchen... well, that seems less than ideal, but I'll figure something out. As long as I don't lose my cookbooks (and I'm picky about my cookbooks, so there.)

We've figured out the final detail of what to get for B for her birthday on Sunday. Most of it's already acquired... I get to pick up one last thing today.

The affirmations of a good friend (thanks Suz) trying to relax me last night on IM while I try and make a decision about something coming up helped me believe in the good in people again. I needed that...

...another good friend climbed out of the woodwork (finally!) after a 2 1/2 year long absence from my life, with a random email out of the blue. He was a former co-worker and one of my best advisors anything and everything, and I'm so glad he's back because I could really use that sound mind and reasonable logic of his.

There are only a few more things that would have made it an outstanding day, but miracles only happen for those who really need them.

Have a good weekend everyone.