site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, July 30, 2004
...and here's the Friday Five...

...In case you miss it, there's another entry for today under this one...

...as for the Five... well, there's TWO of them today, because there are two Friday Five sites. :) There's the popular one, and the one that started after the original, faltered, and is back. I'm going to start with the popular one because it's short. The second one is the one I had fun with putting together...


1) Of everything in your wardrobe what do you feel the most comfortable wearing? Why?

Jeans. Because they just are the most comfortable thing I own. I hate getting dressed up.

2) How would you describe your style?

I think I just did - comfortable...

3) How many pairs of shows do you own and do you wear them all?

Hrm... maybe 10. And no, I don't wear them all in the sense that I cycle through them. My sneakers get worn daily. My keds on weekends. My black and brown boots in cold weather. The others are dress shoes, and I maybe need one pair of them once in a year....

4) Where do you buy most of your clothes?

Mervyn's. Target. Of course, usually I'm buying clothes for the kids and only grabbing a pair of jeans for me.

5) What was the last piece of clothing you bought?

That would be this morning. On EBay. A "Life is Good" shirt with Jake (who reminds me of the green grinning guy gone artiste) eating watermelon.


And now for the old one...

Quote lyrics:

1) That remind you of your first serious relationship?

First Serious relationship? *blows breath out as she remembers*

Marillion... 'Kayleigh'

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair

Oh... when Chris would sing that to me in that warm tenor voice of his... it was our song... we did escape college walls, and have blossom petals in our hair. *sigh*

First relationship that could have been called serious... but wasn't:
Genesis... 'In Too Deep'. "You know I love you, but I just can't take this..."

Actually, it describes the relationship. He couldn't stand the committment to me, and I couldn't stand his mindgames of trying to convince me he was committed.

He should have been committed... mentally. I still think that. Especially after he stalked me and Chris...and the more I think about it, it wasn't love. I don't know what it was, but it wasn't love. Not lust either... just... something.

2) That should be track #1 on the soundtrack of your life?

Chicago... 'You're Not Alone':

You walk around in your cloak of darkness, too blind to see the light.
Your wings are broken, now your spirit can't take flight.


Oooh boy, does that describe the first part of my life to a 't'.

3) That lift your spirits when you hear them?

Asia... 'Days Like These': Oh heck... it's the entire song.

The sun was shining, The sky was crying
It just tore apart, And down came the rain
And I was soaking, Yeah I was freezing
But I was feeling, No kind of pain

Come a fireball, I held it in my hand
You see before you, A man who's known greatness
I had a vision, A revelation
I took a look inside of me, And I am a sensation

Days like these I feel like I can change the world

It's either easy, Or it's impossible
And if you ain't got it, You ain't never gonna get it
But once you find it, You gotta grab it
Reach down your own throat, And yank it to the surface

That may be brutal, May be gory
But whatever else it is, It's my story
And I believe it, Yeah, I can see it
I sing it out, shout it out
Gimme death or glory

Days like these, days like these
I think I'll move a mountain or two
Days like these, days like these
Anything you want you know I'll get it for you

The sun was shining, I was crying
I saw a thousand people, Singing in the rain
And I was thinking, About the Indians
And how they say true wisdom, Only comes from pain

Come a rumbling, Humbling feeling
Like things will never, Ever be the same
But what doesn't kill you, Only makes you stronger
Today I'm strong enough, And anyway, I love the rain

4) From the most underrated band you love?

Bill Champlin... from his solo efforts... 'Same Old Song':

Singin' the same old song
Thinkin' you can't go wrong
Caught up in the past and barely tryin'
Singin' the same old song

5) From the last song you heard on the radio/Launchcast/mp3 playlist?

Sheesh... As I write this, Virgin Classic is playing Nirvana. 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'... I never liked that song. Still...

With the lights out it’s less dangerous
Here we are now
Entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now
Entertain us


Again, have a great weekend...