site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
Happy Birthday DH...

...and I have something to say to you...

I sat down to write you this lovely statement that I would share with a few people (whomever reads this blog) and I had tons of great things to say, but I've promptly forgotten them all.

So I'll just start typing and see what comes into my mind. Now that could be seriously dangerous.

I think, first and foremost, comes a Thank You for being who you are. You are funny, caring, strong, helpful, creative. All those things and many, many more have held you dear to me for all these years.

You have comforted me, challenged me, and loved me, and still do all of those things. You help me to strive to think more clearly and take better care of myself.

You gave me a nickel when I was crying and really needed to tell someone to buy a clue.

You held my hand and encouraged me when we were trying to get the little ones into the world. I'm sorry if I hurt your hand (or your ears while I was swearing at the pain) and I don't recall apologizing for it prior to this. You're still holding my hand as we teach the little ones about living in this world, and I suspect you'll still be holding my hand when we send them out into the world to live on thier own.

You chided me to exercise more, and I didn't. You stopped chiding me at my plea, and I found my own way to get started... and you've been encouraging ever since (on the good measurement days and the bad).

You made up silly word association games for us to play when we can't fall asleep... or for when we wake up in the middle of the night.

You're a source for a good warm hug whenever I need one... and for one when I come home from work every day. Sometimes those two times are one and the same.

You're an excellent friend with a good shoulder for support or for crying on... or for leaning on when I've been laughing too hard and can't catch my breath.

You've been there with advice when my workplaces were going down the proverbial toilet, and when they weren't. You supported me for the last 13 months when the ex-boss was less than... well, he was being him.

You helped me get past a lot of negative influences... some brought to the table by myself, some brought on by friends who probably weren't really friends in the first place.

You've brought me unexpected flowers, ice cream, and even made cookies once or twice. You take good care of the kids' lunches, and making sure when they're acting like cats that they get properly herded off to school.

You take good care of us when we're sniffling, sneezing, headachy or just in need of a nap.

I guess I didn't forget as many things as I thought I did, and it wasn't as nearly as dangerous as you may have been led to believe, now was it?

I feel highly guilty that I let the month get away from me and I don't have a present for you. Or an idea of one for that matter. I know you'll forgive me that...

...and that's just another thing that I love you for.