site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, April 28, 2004
...and we're still not back....

...and I think people are starting to be adversely affected.

There's been an increase in conversations between people that don't normally converse with me. There's been an increase in traffic to this blog.
There's been more IM's than I know what to do with.

...and I think plans to shoot ezboard are afoot, since they said 6 am, and then 9 am, and here it is, 9:15 am, and they're still not back up. Honestly, I expected them to be down for a long while... and 13 hours is optimistic for the amount of data/equipment that they have to move.

Edited to add According to someone who *can* access http:/www.ezboard.com, we're to try again after 11 am Pacific. That would be 15 hours of downtime... who's betting on 24 hours downtime and a couple free days of Gold benefits???

Two of the more interesting observations came from within a group of us that have been emailing: 1) we're bonding over this (Thanks L!) and 2) it makes you realize that there are real people out there existing just like us (Thanks N!) who are also bereft of the board... and are probably communicating with other folks out there too.

I certainly hope so. This is a great time to communicate with other folks - it's too bad I didn't think of posting the link to the alternate TW Yahoo group pre-outage...

...and for those interested, here's the group address: The Yahoo TW Group

Maybe I'll see you there.