site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, April 19, 2004
Random Ramblings...

...I've been collecting a few thoughts lately, and they're not worth creating a full entry on each of them, so I've put them together here. I hope you find something to wonder about here too... or something to laugh at... or identify with...
Don't you hate it when someone stands there and says something and then gives off that aura of Expectation that you're going to ask a follow up question? But you have no interest in asking for more information about the statement that they make, and don't ask, but they tell you anyway?

Makes you wonder if they're either seriously trying to engage you in conversation, or just like hearing themselves talk. Or try to come off as being a Person Of Importance, since they have information that you don't. I suspect the latter part of the first sentence, and the entire second sentence when it comes to my ex-boss.

Pretty sure that he loves to hear himself talk...regardless of whether or not anyone is listening, just as long as a body is present.

The purpose of a vacuum cleaner is to remove dust and dirt from the carpets, right? I use my vacuum fairly regularly for this purpose. So, why does my vacuum have dust ON it?

Doesn't make sense.
So, if the United States is a free country, then why am I paying the government to live here?

Can you tell that I thought of that one on April 15...?
If there isn't a glass ceiling, then what is that that I keep bumping my head against when I stand up to be noticed as a female business analyst with 12 years of experience and should have the same salary as my male counterpart (who does his job at the corporate office, has the magic word "Manager" against his title, and has less experience than I do)?
One morning, when sitting in bed, DH noticed dust in the sunbeam just above the bed. My nose was a little stuffy at the time, and we figured it was probably dust that was aggravating it. When I reached for a tissue to blow my nose, he noticed that there was significantly *more* dust in the sunbeam than before.

The solution added to the problem.

Makes you wonder if Kleenex knew this before they took over the tissue market...
People like coffee. People like fresh ground coffee. People buy coffee grinders to have fresh ground coffee. Subset of those people hate the dust mess that the coffee grinder makes in getting them their fresh grounds, and they complain.

If they really hate coffee dust, then why the heck are they grinding coffee for in the first place? Coffee grounds are just a thicker version of coffee dust.

Boy, if I were syndicated in a press market somewhere, Starbucks and other coffee places would probably hate me by now, especially because I'm a dedicated tea drinker. Except for that rare Starbucks hot chocolate with an extra pump of raspberry syrup in it that I get.
If Spyware is so smart, then why doesn't it figure out that I don't want it, have repeatedly removed it, and just go away.

Can you tell that I'm still fighting the demons and am about to turn my beloved box over to the IT group to fix it?
Well, that's all from me for the moment, and tomorrow I should have the Q2 State of the Stitching Address up. As always, I welcome wonderings in the comments section... I bet y'all have some good ones to add to this discussion that I've probably missed.