site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, April 28, 2004
What do you do...

...when your favorite community has scheduled downtime? Especially when you've known about that downtime for a few days...

...you wonder why all you want to do is read that BB. Which is odd, because you don't tend to read that BB that late at night.

So, then what else do you do? In my case, I sat in front of my computer for the evening while watching 'Navy NCIS' and '24' and wrote up blog ideas. I didn't touch a needle to stitch at all. I have drafts enough to last me a week. I've drafted tomorrow's blog already. It's pseudo-insane. But I bet there was a lot of blogging going on too... or reading of blogs.

It's the epitome of wanting what you cannot have. It's not that I'm languishing away into nothingness, as I joked on the board. I did spend the earlier part of the afternoon playing chess and 'Lunch Money' and reviewing 'Lord of the Fries' with my kids as I said I would. But I missed having that one last check in to make sure everything's going ok on the board.

I guess it has to be, since there isn't anyone else there to post either. Most of the other side of the world is missing a full day, while I'm missing an evening and a good night's worth of sleep. It's not big in the scheme of all important things. I felt silly opening my browser this morning at 5:35 am and going to the board, when I know that it's not going to be up until 6 am. 6 am is five minutes from the moment I'm writing this sentence.

I'm sure everyone will be happy once the board is back after the 10 hour downtime...

...assuming they're back right on time.