site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, March 02, 2004
Of Bad Dreams and Bad Luck...

...ok, maybe not bad luck, but I'll let you decide.

I think it all started yesterday afternoon, when I took off early to make myself a cake to celebrate my 5 year anniversary working where I work. I had to make the cake - no one else was going to do it, right? I mean, how important is spending 5 years of your life at the same workplace?

I fully expected to have a phone call by the time I got home from the ex-boss wondering where I was. I didn't get such.

That should have been the first sign that something was amiss in the universe.

I got upset when I couldn't find the powdered sugar in the pantry. I was sure that I had some. I searched. When I gave up, DH hunted for me - he found it on the first try.

Then I worked on completing the gridding of my round robin stitching piece, because I needed to get it in the mail that day. I'm an intelligent, mostly rational adult female - why couldn't I count yesterday? So I ripped it out and headed for Curves.

They repainted this weekend and I walked into an Easter Egg - it was light bright purple on one wall, bright turquoise on the next, light seafoam blue on the next, and then fuschia pink (which would be the wall opposite the bright turquoise). And the way they painted a couple of the walls and the way the room is structured is a little disorienting. There's one spot in the room where you can't see the purple and the fuschia - then you feel like you're in a hospital wing. It's very... unsettling. I hear that the owner isn't all that happy and might change a color or two.

I certainly hope it's the purple and the fuschia, but I'm not holding my breath.

So I went and picked up the kids and went home - where I continued to grid. The kids knew I was under a deadline but B was loud and whiny. I kept making mistakes. I finally finished, but missed the Postal Annex being open by a few minutes. So the round robin pieces go out today.

I went to bed because I was exhausted. I woke up around 3:45 because I started having bad dreams about fires in structures that I was at. I started one of the fires myself in the first dream. Every time I woke up, I'd shake it off and head back to sleep and there was another inferno in my dreams. I snuggled up to DH around 4:20 because I couldn't take it anymore and that felt better, but I was so wasted when I got up at 5.

Then I found I'm almost out of saline for my contacts, and almost ripped one pulling it out of the little container. I went downstairs and almost tripped down the last three stairs. I found that my needle was missing from the magnet on my lap stand, and spent a couple of minutes trying to find it, but to no avail - I suspect small unsocked feet will find it tonight. I nicked my cell phone case so that part of the display has scuffs now.

I drove very carefully to work. I wasn't going to risk anything. So I get to work, and I breathe easy.

Only to find that I've left my badge and keys to the building on my desk at home. *bangs head on the desk* I'm hoping this is all some cosmic luck karma because DH has another 'meeting' with the CEO of that company he's been 'talking' with. I really hope that this is a sign of better things awaiting me later....

...else I'm REALLY in trouble.