site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, February 07, 2012
It's WIPocalypse Time! - The February 2012 entry
...When last we visited, our ambitious stitcher had some big plans on her plat- er - stand. There was rampant thoughts of finishing 'Fortunate Traveller' and immediately working on something else from the list.

Well, you know what they say about Best Laid Plans...

But this time, a best laid plan came to be! Fortunate Traveller was completed! Some of you have already seen this, if you're friends with my alter ego (e.g. my real life name) on Facebook, or if you're a regular passerby on The Wagon. But if not, then here he is:


Remember that thought I mentioned earlier? The one about immediately working on something else from the list? Well, that didn't quite happen.

I started knitting a sock. Toe-up. It was my reward for finishing Traveller.

Some of you may be going, "So?" Well... when you've never knit a sock toe-up, there is a learning curve. I have to say, though, there is a very nice colorful happy sock in progress:

http://www2.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
That's Lorna's Laces Solemate in the Rainbow colorway. It's not as bright and colorful as I expected it to be (really, I wanted more red/orange/yellow), but I still like it.

Then I realized, I needed to get cracking on Something Else. But what would it be? Year of the Dragon had started, and I came to realize that I'd populated my WIPocalypse list with dragons, quite by accident. I just happen to love dragons, so it made sense that I have a lot of them as WIPs. But considering Year of the Dragon had just started, why not Celestial Dragon?

You can find his last image here, but this is what he looks like now:

I'd say that I've made a bit of progress, wouldn't you?

Now, what's on deck for the next run of stitching? Well, more of Celestial Dragon should appear between now and then, and hopefully I'll have turned the heel on the Happy Sock. Happy Sock is my break for when I don't feel like stitching, but need to do something while I catch up with what's on the DVR.

That's all for now, folks. Happy Stitching and we'll see you next time...

Labels: