site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, June 16, 2008
The First Day of Summer Vacation...
...Remember how that felt? The anticipation? All the great plans that you were making for things to do over the summer without the restraint of school getting in the way?

Well, it's here for my kids. They have one week off, and then the family summer camp begins. That's right, family summer camp.

We're keeping the kids home for the summer and we're creating our own summer camp for them. They already have a reading list, and I've thought up a few activities for them, but we're going to have to come up with more. It's going to be a long summer, and I don't have a job yet. Conceivably we will have to come up with the entire summer's worth of camp.

This is, by the way, a daunting task to come up with enough engaging and instructional things to fill 5 days a week from 9am to 4pm. Those are our camp hours, by the way.

I know they'll have reading time, and camp opening time, and some craft time. Breaks for lunch and free time. Some sort of week wrap up thing on Friday. I'll make them come up with a skit or something creative. DH wants them to write a song and do a science project. I'd prefer smaller experiment sorts of things as opposed to an entire project.

But we're both running the show and we'll both have say on what's going on. There will be some cooking lessons going on, and there will be outside activities too. Just wish me luck as I don my shorts and t-shirt and come up with something cool for the kids to do as the summer wears on...

...and I'll promise to not put them in the Harmony Hut too often.