site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
It's June!
...It's time once again for the monthly recap, so here we go!

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

I barely picked up books and magazines this month. It seemed like I had time to read but no inclination to read, and when I had the inclination I found something else to do. I've been doing a lot of Sudoku this month instead of reading or stitching.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

Well, we saw Spider-Man 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Spider-Man could have been better (as I said in a blog shortly after seeing it). Pirates was a fitting end to the trilogy, which actually might stretch into another movie but without Will and Elizabeth. I wasn't necessarily happy with the ending for those two, but after looking at that ending in a different light, it's entirely possible that it's a happy ending after all.

What special days did I celebrate and how?

Mother's Day was a special day. I spent about 5 minutes on the phone with my mother, which was nice. The shorter the better. My kids were nice to me, DH was nice to me (he brought me eclairs). The only downside is that we had to spend the entire day at my MIL's, because *someone* forgot to clarify with his mother that we were just coming for brunch and after everyone left (except us) she started telling us the dinner plans.

But it still was a good day, even if most of it wasn't mine.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

Well, since it was Mother's Day I did end up with a couple of things. A made me a candle at her Colonial Day in school. It's a very colorful mutant looking candle. It's going to require some minor surgery to get it into a candle holder so that I can burn it.

B made some bead jewelry in school, which is going to require restringing (and she knows this because the way it's finished off would be almost dangerous to wear it).

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

No illnesses or health concerns other than a minor cold at the end of the month that resulted in my losing my voice. The only other thing was getting really sore from the running and gym routine I've been employing lately.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

No new foods, recipes or restaurants this month. Sad. I should find something new to try in June.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

I bought my plane tickets to attend Hershey CATS, so that was a special purchase. I'm flying into one airport where someone will pick me up and along with someone else we're going to road trip to Hershey. Woooo! I can't wait.

What were this month’s disappointments?

My partner in crime at work was let go (I covered that earlier in the blog too). I was pretty ticked off about that because it wasn't done in a very ethical way. She's not going to pursue legal action as far as I know, but she certainly could.

Other disappointments this month, besides having to spend all of Mother's Day with my MIL (which, like I said wasn't all *that* bad), involved other co-workers who have been with the company for years and have finally left.

What were my accomplishments this month?

Um, I bought my tickets for Hershey. Other than that, I didn't really have anything to mention this month that could be considered an accomplishment.

Anything else noteworthy to record?

Baseball season is over. We had a terrible record, but we tried and the kids had fun (at least I hope they did). And the last game of the season (which happened in June, but I want to talk about it now)? We made those Yankees really work for that win. They thought that they had it in the bag, but we had nothing to lose except the game, and those kids really pulled it out. A had a fantastic double play, and I was jumping up and down in the dugout with no voice to cheer over it.

So, that's the month right now. I'm sure I forgot *something* but it's either not that noteworthy or I already covered it in the blog.