site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Shocking News...

...I am firmly entrenching my tongue in my cheek for parts of this, it's up to you if you want to continue reading my poke at the latest update about the state of the United States when it comes to terrorism

Yesterday, in an amazing turn of events, the self-proclaimed Emperor of the United States took time out from his busy schedule of breaking laws to inform his subjects that the country is still at war.

Can you believe it? We're still at war? Shocking, indeed.

He went on to say that we're supposedly safer 'but we are not yet safe' - hate to tell you this, but I don't think that we were ever safe. After all, there was an attack on the Trade Center in '93, there was Oklahoma, there are muggers and rapists, and car accidents still happen and kill people. Don't forget the recent issues in the U.K. that started the latest round of what we can and can not bring on the planes with us. Oh, wait, that's the U.K., not the U.S., so obviously we shouldn't concern ourselves with that, right? (No offense to my international readers, but I think certain folks in our government are rather short sighted these days).

And you just never know about the aliens that are going to come and invade us. Just us - you know, that segment of North America that lies between Canada and Mexico. We are *definitely* not safe. No, I'm not talking about the 'illegal aliens'. I'm talking about the ones coming down on spaceships because they're pissed off we downgraded their home planet of Pluto, although I'm sure that they would be considered illegal too. I'd just love to know how we'd manage to build a wall around Earth that would still let the sunshine in but keep the aliens out.

The US Emperor went on to say that our enemy now is not the same enemy as it was on 9/11. Well, now, there's a surprise. The question becomes *who* is our enemy? Since it's not Al-Qaeda, then who is it? Well, some would say Iraq but since we single-handedly (that's what they want you to believe) vanquished that evil leader, I don't think they're much of a concern anymore. Others would say that our enemy is the US Emperor, but I won't elaborate on that in case Homeland Security decides they want to limit my freedom of expression.

Oh, and another statement - apparently the war on terror is going to be a long war. Well, that tells me I might want to consider moving my children to Canada while I still can before they decide they need to start drafting women so they can maintain troop numbers. And that all sovereign nations need to be held accountable for what happens on their soil. So I guess we're not going to be sympathetic or help anyone when they get attacked? Way to foster international brotherhood! Woo!

Oh but we *need* to help our international neighbors because we are all targets in the war on terror. Way to double-speak and backtrack!

Ok... I've done enough. And so has the U.S. And I'm tired of this 'so-called' war and seeing people re-deployed or not being brought home in the first place.

And that's all I have to say today.