site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, February 13, 2006
Random Rambles...

...So, this week we're starting off with some random rambles, and scenes from a weekend...



So. Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot a companion (a lawyer, no less) while hunting.

Now that's gun control in action. Does he get popularity points because it's a lawyer? (Ok, that's my bad taste comment for the week)



B and I saw 'Curious George' over the weekend. No, we didn't meet the President. We saw a movie about a monkey. Yes, there is a difference between the President and a monkey (I told you already, I made my bad taste comment with the Vice-President earlier).



What the heck is the use of having a Krispy Kreme that I pass at 5:15am every morning on the way to work when it's NOT OPEN AT THAT TIME? You read that right. Last Friday I dropped by Krispy Kreme to pick up some doughnuts and they were closed. Two people in there, but no one coming to the drive through - and when I pulled just slightly forward, I saw a sign on the door that said they'll return at 6.

So I tried again this morning. Same thing. Couple people in there, and the sign on the door. Methinks something is not right with this situation, and therefore am going to be contacting them to find out what's going on...

Them? Oh, probably not the store. I just might wander my way to Krispy Kreme corporate information for that one, unless someone can shed light as to why all the lights are on, people are there, but no doughnuts can be had...



Seen recently in Business 2.0:

So that's why they call it a CrackBerry.

"A study by the University of London's Institute of Psychiatry, commissioned by Hewlett-Packard, finds that "an average worker's functioning IQ falls 10 points when distracted by ringing telephones and incoming e-mails ... more than double the four-point drop seen following studies on the impact of smoking marijuana."

DH commented that if there are 10 or more Blackberries in a room does that mean IQ can go negative? Personally, I want to stop going to meetings, but I doubt I'll take up pot smoking...

Then again, I would be more relaxed and still more productive than my co-workers. Pass the cheesy poofs.



Remember when I was talking about clothing sizes decreasing, yet the clothing is getting bigger? I have proof now.

I wear a size 6 long Levi's 550. They fit almost exactly the same as the Size 8 medium 550s that I bought two years ago and have barely worn.

A size 6. I've not been a size 6 since I was 15, and I *know* I'm not as small as I was back then.



In the course of conversation over the phone with DH he said "That's what I should do. Take an afternoon off and bake!" Wait a second... that's my line!

My, how things have changed... instead of cheesy poofs I could have chocolate chip cookies.



This last week we had the television turned off. We also had no PS2 or Gameboy gaming allowed, and the computer was to only be used for work.

I survived the week. Granted, I'd already set the DVR to pick up everything that I normally watch, because I queried it a couple of weeks ago in advance by series title because I didn't want to mess with it again. The kids survived the week - I know Saturday morning without cartoons was a little tough. We read books and played games, and went to bed at reasonable times of the night. Ok, *I* went to bed at a reasonable hour. Everyone else went to bed normally.

But it was a good exercise in seeing the things that we needed to accomplish and what we could and couldn't do as a result of having the television off. And as for what we couldn't do? Well, we couldn't watch the news. We couldn't see the first couple of days of the Olympics, but we got to do lots of other things. And we did them together.



I want to thank everyone for their comments against the last blog entry and what they had to say, and what they had to share. A couple of comments stand out and I'm combining (and paraphrasing) them for sake of argument: There was a pink elephant in the room and we were just sitting around having tea and ignoring it. I don't think that I was trying to bring the subject of the elephant out into the room, but then.... when *would* be the right time?



That's it for the rambles today, and I hope you all have a good week ahead of you.