site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, July 11, 2005
It's Monday...

...And for some reason, it's a Monday that I don't want to be here. Usually I'm pretty good on Mondays about getting up and going to work, but today I really could use another day off because the weekend seemed too short.

I suspect that that's because of the long vacation I took a week ago, and then the resultant 4 day workweek because of the 4th of July last Monday. So, here I am - a week into being 34 and somehow things feel.... right. It's like this is the age that I was supposed to be for the last couple of years, and I finally made it here.

That sounds totally cracked, doesn't it? Well, it's the way I feel for some reason. *shrug*

Ah well, here's the Sunday Brunch, with a topic that's near and dear to my heart. Fast food...



"Health food makes me sick." -Calvin Trillin

1) What is your favorite fast food restaurant?

My favorite fast food restuarant? When I bother to eat fast food, I definitely prefer Burger King. But we know that I had issues with fast food after watching SuperSizeMe earlier in the year, and that the restaurant gods had issue with me after that, so maybe I shouldn't take a pot shot at them this time.

Of course I was blasting McDonald's most of that time.

2) How many times per week do you eat fast food?

Well, if we're saying a traditional burger and fries, or taco or something like that, then maybe once every two weeks now. Used to be once a week.

If we're talking something that's just really fast and convenient no matter where it comes from, then it's 5 days a week. Because there's a deli that's very fast, and a Mexican place that's really fast.

Come on... we need to redefine what fast food is - is it the places that have a drive-thru attached to the restaurant, or is it one of those places that can serve a quick meal during lunch or dinner? Some of those types of places are actually pretty good and not as detrimental to your health.

Of course, if you want to count salads from some of these places as fast food, then I eat there probably twice a week.

3) Describe your favorite fast food meal.

Yummmmm.... The perfect fast food meal - that would have to be fresh tacos from the Del Taco in Barstow. Yes, the very FIRST one. Everything there tasted so darn fresh and good. Maybe it was because we were hungry, but DH noticed a difference between that meal and others that we've had at our local one, and it's because everything was so fresh.

Ok, here's another perfect fast food meal - a Whopper, well cooked, onions, lettuce, tomato, no pickles or mayo, a dab of mustard on it along with the ketchup, large not-too-salty fries, an icy well carbonated Coke.... and none of it costing me any calories, fat, or carbs. A free meal, with no after effects.

That would be the perfect fast food meal.

4) Do you always Super-Size your meal?

No. Not anymore. Not in a couple of years. Ugh, it may be a great value, but that's an awful lot of food to try and consume. *AND* just think of the fat and calories that you're consuming...

5) What is your least favorite fast food restaurant?

Hrm. I used to really hate Jack in the Box, but I don't know. I sort of don't care that they exist. So, I guess it would be Jack in the Box. For some reason I keep thinking that there's another place that I don't like more than that, but I don't think it's a fast food place. So I'll leave it at that.



That all being said now, you could get the idea that I don't like fast food restaurants, and you'd be partly right. I get in these binges about whether or not I like them, and I seem to be in a downswing. Of course, I will admit that I've eaten at McDonald's twice since Friday afternoon, but that's just for the Happy Meals and the Neopets toys contained inside. Heeee.