site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Happy Birthday DH...

...last year I wrote a lovely letter to my husband about his presence in my life. Not much about that has changed, so I thought I'd take the latest installment of the Sunday Brunch and dedicate that to him today.

"This thing called love, I just can't handle it-This thing called love, I must get round to it-I ain't ready...Crazy little thing called love!" -Freddie Mercury

1) Are you currently married or involved with a significant other? Give specifics and length of time that you have been with that person.

Oh, you bet I'm involved with someone. A most wonderful man who has taken good care of me and our daughters and our doggie for the last 10 years. Well, he's taken good care of me for 13 years, and the girls and the doggie came alone a little later.

2) Where did you meet your significant other?

I met DH at college on Sept 1, 1991. He was suckered into moving his youngest sister into her dorm room and was supposed to check out the roommate for his parents. I was the roommate. I had to guess which of the brothers he was (she has 3), and I guessed wrong until I said, rather incredulously, "this is the klutz that fell off the bike? Gee, you heal up good!"

Backstory - he'd had an incident while bunny hopping a speed bump on his mountain bike and the front wheel, well, came off. So, he ended up with some serious road rash on his chin, but two months later you couldn't tell anything. He still heals fast.

And yeah, I'd have to say he definitely checked out the roommate. :)

3) What is your anniversary or special day of ANY kind and what did you do on that day with your significant other?

Well, March 4 is definitely a special day for us. That's our wedding anniversary. And it's placed *very* close to the day of our first date - which was March 7. We do the usual things - go out for dinner, enjoy each other's company, all that usual good stuff.

But we can't seem to ditch the kids long enough to make it back to Fiji.

4) What is the nicest thing that a person that you are or have been involved with has done for you?

That would be DH taking such good care of me while I'm sick or injured. Anything he's done has been greatly appreciated, especially when he tries to duplicate the feel better soup that I make for the family when they're sick.

5) Do you have a special song or movie or place with your significant other? Describe.

Song: "A Whole New World" - from Aladdin. We saw it at the movie, and for some reason it stuck with us. We danced to it at our wedding.

Yes, we're sappy that way.



So, that's it for the Sunday Brunch and a little bit about how I met DH. I can't explain how I came to love him because it just sort of happened. Like those sorts of things tend to do.

So, today I'm going to take him out for sushi for lunch, and who knows what dinner is going to look like, and we'll play it by ear. Maybe I'll even take him to see 'Batman Begins' or something like that. It's up to him, because it's his day.

I'm certainly sure it will be better than last year when I was dealing with things blowing up left and right on the boards, and coming home from the eye doctor with the diagnosis that I'd be blind in 2-5 years, and crying all over you from here to everywhere. I didn't schedule my eye appointment yet, so there's no chance I'll be going on your birthday. Or mine.

Happy Birthday my dear DH.