site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, November 01, 2004
It's the Monday Memes...

...Ironically, the Friday Forum posted their questions around the same time that I posted my blog with those old Friday Five questions. Every single question is Halloween or fright themed... that last question is especially scary.



Friday Forum
1] Do you believe in ghosts and/or supernatural beings? Why/why not? Have you ever seen a ghost or stayed in a haunted place?

Well, I believe that there's something out there, but whether it be a ghost or some other being remains to be seen... or not seen. When I was a child I recall the shadow of someone sitting on my bed, and from the outline my mom thinks that that was my long deceased uncle (who I'd never met). I've seen shadows pass in the corner of my eye (mostly after my grandmother passed away), but on turning I don't see anything. I'm sure there was *something* there...

2] Do you prefer horror movies that are psychological thrillers or "slasher" films? Why/why not? What's the scariest movie that you've ever seen?

I prefer a good psychological thriller. 'The Sixth Sense' ranked high up there on the creep factor for me...

3] Have you ever used a Ouija board? What is your opinion of them? Do you believe what they say or just consider it a fun party game?

I've used a Ouija board... I don't know what to think about them though.

4] Have you ever read a scary book that totally freaked you out? What book was it, and why? [Were you reading it by yourself, in the dark?] :)

Hrm... Scary books. Considering I grew up reading Dean Koontz and Stephen King, and John Saul, I can't recall any book in recent memory truly creeping me out.

5] Would you ever attend a seance and try to contact someone "from beyond"? Who would you want to talk to? Do you ever feel that someone "from beyond" is trying to reach you, or do you believe in things like that?

I've no opinion of seances, other than I think they're fruitless endeavors. If someone from the beyond wants to get ahold of you, they will in their own time and their own way.



Sunday Brunch
1) What candy are you passing out on Halloween night if you are staying home?

I was home passing out the candy, and we had a great mix of lollipops, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, bubble gum, and various other miniatire chocolate pieces. We went through all 6 bags of candy (and 2 were those ultra big mixes).

2) What was your best Halloween costume?

Hrm... Considering I didn't dress up for a great many years, I'd have to say it was the hooker outfit that I wore (with huge curly wig) to see 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' - yes, on a Halloween night.

3) Are you doing anything on the night of Halloween if you are not staying home to pass out treats, and if so, what are you doing?

Staying home... passing out treats...hoping A & B don't get stomach aches.

4) What is your favorite Halloween décor? (ie, witch, ghost, pumpkins)

Spider webbing... I'll have to show off the house decorations one of these days...

5) Do you carve jack o’lanterns?

Normally. This year the discussion was whether to carve them or paint them. We ended up doing neither.



Stitcher's Question of the Week
What would you do if stitching was banished by law?

You people seriously scare me with this question. And if DH is reading, he's probably smiling at the possibilities.

If stitching were banished by law, and this was the case *before* I took it up, then I probably would never have taken it up. But considering we're talking in the here and now... I'd still find a way to stitch. I have plenty of stash, and there would have to be significant proof that stitching is detrimental to society, or dangerous. Sure, getting one of those blunt needles stuck in your foot isn't pretty, but it's not hazardous to your health (unless you leave it in there for weeks).

Besides, I'm resourceful, and I know a lot of resourceful people - we'd figure out a way to have an underground stitching stash railroad for supplies.



Well, Halloween is over and the truly scary stuff is about to begin - no, not the holidays. The Election. Thank goodness is will all be over soon.

Just remember, if you can tomorrow (if you've not already) go out and VOTE.