site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Thursday, April 01, 2004
!!!yaD s'looF lirpA yppaH
edited to state Ok... some of you could figure this out yesterday, and some couldn't. All you had to so (for those who were truly perplexed) was to copy the text into notepad or Word and change the font. Yesterday's blog was presented in the Wingdings font. I'm tempted to leave it that way, but I won't. Below you will find the original text, unedited, of the blog.

For clarification, the "one idea" I referred to in the last line was not the TWBB joke, but was the joke contained here - the font change.


Some of you may be able to read this because you have funky settings on your browser.... don't ruin the joke for the rest who can't - this entry will be put back with normal text tomorrow.

So, today is April Fool's Day, and I'm out of ideas for jokes to play. I don't even have one to play on DH. I didn't last year either - at least not in advance, I didn't. I came up with it with the kids in the car.

We were driving home, and we figured that we would tell DH when we came in that A had been called to the principal's office because she'd yelled at her teacher, called her a stupidhead and, subsequently, been thrown out of school. The hard part was making sure that B didn't giggle the whole time because she thought this was a hoot. I told her that if she felt like giggling or smiling to simply think like A was in big trouble or to go into the closet and make like she was putting something away.

I took a deep breath and opened the front door while I was telling the kids to get into the house. Slammed the front door. I didn't refer to either child by name but simply, "you" (B) and "YOU" (with extra emphasis and rage for A). I worked myself up good. Yelled at DH the whole story about when I went to sign them out by the office I saw A through the window sitting in the principal's office and was highly curious as to what it was about. Saw that she had all of her belongings with her, and the principal was calmly (but very angrily) telling me what A had did.

So I told DH and A, "what the heck am I going to do with you NOW? 2 months away from the end of the school year? You're going to have to go to summer school and public school now, and you might have to repeat first grade! This is... just...." and I threw my hands up in the air and put my head into my hands, while peeking out at DH.

You should have seen his face. He was livid and could barely speak. I lifted my head, turned towards A, so that DH couldn't see my face as he finally stammered out some words. Then A tells him 'April Fools', and he was, for lack of a better description, deflated. Instantly. It was hysterical and I was giggling for the rest of the night. That was classic.

And then there was two years ago on the TWBB. I stated that I had spilled an entire bottle of Bailey's on my stitching bag and that everything inside (which pretty much was almost everything I had at the time) was ruined. I got called on the carpet for it a few times until i pulled out the quotes from "The Princess Bride". That had a few people convinced that I was dead serious. Someone came up with the priceless line that made it into my sigline for about a year: 'Hallo. My name ees Wheezgeejit. Joo killed my stash. Prepare to die.' It was truly classic. I just wish that I could remember who it was who gave me that quote. For the life of me, I cannot recall. It was brilliant.

Then last year I left the board. I went invisible and I posted that 'WhizGidget has left the building'. That had some people scratching their heads. Some thought it was another silly dragon thread, and emailed to ask if they should follow suit in character. Some others panicked. My IM away message was up and stated that I'd left the building as well, which didn't go over well with a couple of people. As people started to protest in my inbox, I would reassure them of the date, and then they would help out by posting that I'd been grumbling about leaving for awhile...

My resolve to keep it going crumbled when one creative BB member made up a graphic of my squonky little noodle ball on the back of a milk carton. I laughed for a full ten minutes, drank some water to catch my breath and laughed for another five, and then I had to let the joke be known. One person thought it was a shameful plea for sympathy and ego-stroking - I still have a copy of the thread saved - that person is no longer on the TWBB. (And no, I'm not going to reveal who that is.)

Which brings us to this year. Devoid of creativity and unique ideas....

...well, maybe I have one idea...