site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, December 22, 2008
The 2008 Year In Review...
...I stole it from Suz's blog who took it from someone else and who knows how long it's going to propagate from here.

Overall? I guess it was an OK year. Sorta. I think I was ready for the year to be over by the end of the first month in.

1. Where did you begin 2008?

At home. With the family. But I was sorta snoozing through the turn of the clock.

2. What was your status by Valentines Day?

Feeling that I should get out of the job that I was in because I was seriously overworked and realizing that the boss man was quite possibly unstable.

3. Were you in school anytime this year?

Only when I went to my children's Honor Roll ceremonies, track meets and cross country meets, and volunteering at said events.

4. Did you have to go to the hospital?
Yup. Eye doctor, shots for the kids, and one urgent run to the gyno because something was going on and DH insisted that I go. I didn't really talk about that last one, except in quick passing. I was having a female issue, DH got very concerned because pain was involved, so I went in and had massive amounts of bloodwork done and a uterine biopsy (ouch). Everything came back great except my Vitamin D count was a little low. It's probably hormones, which is fine because it isn't cancer.

5. Did you have any encounters with the police?
None that I recall.



6. Where did you go on vacation?

Nowhere. I stayed home.

7. What did you purchase that was over $100?

A few things. But that would be telling, and Christmas is coming.

8. Did you know anybody who got married?

I can't remember. I didn't attend any weddings, but I'm fairly sure I know one or two people who got hitched.



9. Did you know anybody who passed away?

Well, I didn't know those ferrets personally but I cried really hard for them.

10. Did you move anywhere?

Nope.

11. What sporting events did you attend?

Cross Country meets and track meets.


12. What concerts/shows did you go to?

Well, there was Chicago, there was the Kihncert in the Park (where I saw Night Ranger and Greg Kihn Band for the first time), and Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Oh, right, can't forget A's first concert as a percussionist (the recent Chick With Sticks entry referenced that)

13. Describe your birthday.

It was pretty darn good - we ran out to the Apple store to get me my LadiBug (a red Nano) and there was the Nanny Ogg's Cookbook (those Discworld fans will know this was a find!). And dinner at Maggiano's, where I introduced the kids to creme brulee for the first time.



14. What is the ONE thing you thought you would not do, but did, in 2008?

Find a new job with all the rampant layoffs and unemployment in the valley. Well, it's a contracting job. I also didn't think that I would lose a job in 2008, but I did (not my fault).

15. What have been your favorite moments?
There have been quite a few. Spending time with DH during my 7 month stint of unemployment brought some high points. And then there was seeing A take the "stage" with her sticks for the first time.



16. Any new additions to your family?
Well, if you count fish, yes.



17. What was your best month?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe November because I started working again.

18. Who has been your best drinking buddy?

Considering I don't drink much... I'd have to say DH.

19. Made new friends?

Sure. I always do.

20. Favorite Night out?

Definitely the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert. A whole night out with the family and introducing the kids to them for the first time live - that was fabulous!

21. Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
Um... I spent a *LOT* of time at home. I guess work.

22. Have you lost any friends this year?

Well, communications with my friends ebb and flow - so it's possible that I have and I just don't know it.

23. Change your hairstyle?

Nope.



24. Have any car accidents?
Yeah. Some Russian guy banged into my Jeep and wanted to just exchange info without getting the police involved - at least that's what I gather because his english skills were non-existent.

25. How old did you turn this year?

37

26. Do you have a New Years resolution?
Not really.

27. Do anything embarrassing?

Sure. If you think I'm telling, you're cracked.



28. Buy anything from eBay?
I was about to say not this year, but that's lying. I bought beads. For Chatelaine's Egyptian Garden.

29. Get married or divorced?

Nope. Not planning on it either.

30. Get hit on?

Yup.

31. Been snowboarding?
Nope.



32. Did you get sick this year?
Yeah. Nothing serious. Just a cold. Gee - does anyone escape a year without catching a cold?

33. Are you happy to see 2008 go?

You betcha.

34. Been naughty or nice?

Yup.

35. What are you looking forward to most in 2009?

Becoming a permanent employee at my current place of work. Hopefully. We don't know when it will happen but my boss is pushing for it, and so are a few project managers who think I walk on the clouds.