site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, November 10, 2008
The iPod Shuffle...
...I saw this on Erin's blog and I've seen it on others before and always meant to do this and so I've figured it's finally time to do it.

Da Rules:
Step 1: Put your iPod or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the 1st line from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song. And it doesn't have to be perfect if you can't understand the lyrics word for word.
Step 3: Let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Bold the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!

I will admit - this isn't the first 30 songs. It's more like the first 35 because I have a lot of instrumentals and figured it wasn't fair to try and post percussion charts or chord progressions for Blue Man Group or Liquid Tension Experiment's "Biaxident" (which is an excellent song that would be ruined by lyrics). And if the title appears in the opening lyrics, I just put the word title in italics.

1. "Now I know none of this was planned, it all just kinda happened"

2. "There's a title who's lost his way..." Stasha got it!

3. "Took a trip to the shores of the river, sat by the side"

4. "Lady luck never smiles" Melissa C got it!

5. "You ask me what I think, I tell you, you ignore it"

6. "I am so in love with you, I just can't deny it"

7. "You can have a Cajun queen down in New Orleans"

8. "Young men, soldiers, 1914, marching through countries they'd never seen" Kim got this one.

9. "I've been holding out so long, I've been sleeping all alone" Suz in Va got this one!

10. "Title on Sunday, no traffic on avenues"

11. "There is something exciting about leaving everything behind"

12. "Giant steps are what you take" Ohsewcrafty got it (and CathNZ too)!

13. "Every day I hear a different story, people saying that you're no good for me"

14. "You used to have it all to take for granted"

15. "I know somethin' about the ways of lovin'" Cymberleah got it (and no, it was off Best of Boingo, and originally appeared on the 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' soundtrack)

16. "When I was a child, running in the night"

17. "Hard times you've had before you, I knew when I first saw you"

18. "Title that you've ever wanted, with this promise I will bring you home again"

19. "I'd like to be under the sea" (I'm not looking for a Disney song here...) Suz in Va got this one too!

20. "If I had you back in my world"

21. "Feeling like it's over, feeling like there's no love"

22. "I was born a child of grace, nothing else about the place"

23. "I saw you walking out on title what you doing out there"

24. "It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection" Erin got it!

25. "I was so lonely until I met you, told myself I'd get by without love"

26. "You know, you decorate the garage walls"

27. "Title and acted like a baby, wanted all this attention I couldn't give"

28. "Watching the people on the street today she couldn't help but smile"

29. "Can I come over after school, we can hang around by the pool" Suz in VA came back and got this one too!

30. "Outside the rain begins and it may never end" (Looking for the original artist) ...and CathNZ strikes again by getting this one right (and not guessing Rita Coolidge as the original artist)

Ok folks, start guessing - and good luck because there are some hard ones in here (DH only got a couple, but he doesn't pay attention to music like I do)