site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, January 17, 2005
It's Monday....

...which means it's time for the Sunday Brunch:

"'If you want to be free, there is but one way; it is to guarantee an equally full measure of liberty to all your neighbors. There is no other.' -Carl Schurz

1) Do you have a neighbor that just drives you insane?

You know, I saw and thought and thought about this one, and I think I can honestly say No to this one. Now, when I lived in an apartment or the dorms at school, I could think of all sorts of people that I could use to answer this question, but that was then and this is now.

I don't have any insane neighbors. Wierd ones, yes. Ones that drive me insane, no.

2) Does one of your neighbors have something about their home that you covet?

There's a couple of them - they have the best looking front yards I've ever seen. And gardeners to keep it looking that way.

3) Do you have a neighbor on your street that neglects their home, pure and simple?

I think that *I* am probably the neighbor that would best fit that description, unfortunately. I really need to do something about the front yard.

4) Is there a neighbor on your street with interesting decorating habits?

Well, there is the mom down the street who always has something handmade/crafty/right out of Martha Stewart Living on her front porch.

5) Do you have a neighbor on your street that you find attractive?

No.



So since there's no stitcher's question of the week anymore, I think I'm going to take this extra space on Monday and use it to muse on the weekend or what I've accomplished with stitching in the previous week.

This weekend was a lazy one, spent backstitching the Phoenix, watching way too much television, and trying to regain lost ground in 'Ratchet and Clank' after A accidentally overwrote my saved game with hers (which was way far behind where I was). That happened last week, and she was so upset. Poor kid. Now she'll watch me play and state that if I don't win a hard challenge against a "boss" I'll blame her. While it's true that it's her fault that I have to go through all of this again, it was a complete and total accident made by a tired and excited child.

No. Big. Deal. Besides, it just allows me to trim some time off my last game because I can beat these baddies a little faster than last time, although I think the Hoverboard races are going to be a true challenge to beat again.

I've still got a ways to go with the Phoenix... backstitching with Kreinik is not my idea of a great time to be had by all, but man, it looks gorgeous! I moved the piece off the 11x11 Q Snaps I was using to a 14x17 set so that I can backstitch and bead without any issues. I just might finish it this week, next weekend for sure!

That's it for me today... take it easy, y'all.