site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, January 14, 2005
Happy Friday!

...It’s Friday and that means memes! I’m going to catch up with the Friday Forum here, and last week’s Sunday Brunch. First, however, the Forum:



1) As "movie award season" approaches, do you watch any awards shows (such as the Oscars or the Golden Globes)? Which part of the shows do you enjoy the most: the "red carpet" part or the actual awards show?

I usually skip the Golden Globes, the People’s Choice and the Director’s Guild Awards (when parts are broadcast) because I simply just don’t like the overload of the movie award shows. There’s enough in the Academy Awards (Oscars) broadcast to keep me happy in awards shows for the year. I honestly don’t like them, but the Oscars is the important one of the industry and it’s a tradition for me to watch them.

That and it’s a company culture sort of thing that’s important to know about and watch considering where I work.

2) Do you consider yourself a "movie insider"? Any guesses as to who will win the Academy Awards this year? Any personal favorites?

Um, owing back to my last statement of the first question, I can honestly say Yes, I am a but of an insider. As for guesses and favorites… well, I’ve not seen it yet, but I hear that ‘Ray’ is a big favorite. I’ve not really given a lot of consideration or thought to anything else that came out this year because I’ve been a big fluff movie attendee this year. Although I do think that Pixar’s ‘The Incredibles’ has a lock on best animated feature.

3) "Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King" is up for 11 Academy Awards. What do you think about that? (Eleven Oscars also went to "Titanic" and "Ben Hur" - did you see those movies?) Have you seen all of the Best Picture-nominated films?

Ok, this has to be an old question because RotK is long past the Awards. I thought it was a good thing that it was up for that many, as it was so excellent on so many levels. And while I think it’s unfair that it won the award, it did make sense around the industry that this won the awards for the entire series (as some scuttle stated that that’s why the other two didn’t get awards – the whole trilogy was being judged).

Honestly, I don't mind if a picture earns a mass amount of nominations - as long as they're deserved nominations. Of course you also have to keep in mind that these are films that are being judged against the rest that are in the running for that year, and not against all the others that have ever been nominated or have won since the beginning of the awards ceremony. It's just this year's popularity contest in terms of movies.

I’ve seen a lot of the Best Picture nominees in the past, but not all of them. I think I can say that I’ve seen all the winning pictures though…

4) Which actor/actress, in your opinion, should have earned an Oscar but so far hasn't? Is there an actor/actress who *has* received an Oscar but you feel shouldn't have gotten it or wasn't deserving?

Hrm. I used to think Julia Roberts, but she’s got one of those statues now. Honestly, I can’t think of anyone at the moment who hasn’t gotten an award that I think truly deserves one. I’m sure after I post this I’ll come up with some director or actor that should be listed here and the myriad reasons why I think they should have an award.

5) If you could create your own movie award and give it to someone, who would it be and in what category?

It used to be that I’d wish for an animated feature category, but that’s finally in there as a real category. So, now I wish that I could create a most smarmy bad acting job that still earned critical acclaim and give that out, but I don’t know of anyone this year that I could give it to.

Ah well, it’s probably just as well…



…and now the Sunday Brunch!

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures." -Henry Ward Beecher

1) What color (or colors) is your home painted on the interior?

White. That’s it. Just white. I “paint” the walls with my stitching.

2) What color (or colors) is your home painted on the exterior?

Eggshell white. Yup. With this strange brown trim. We really need to repaint, and I hate that trim now…

3) If you could paint your car any color with no loss in value, what color would it be?

It’s currently white, but I’d repaint it with a pearlized white coat… or maybe a champagne color. It’s hard to come up with a paint color for a Jeep Cherokee that wouldn’t look, well… too out there.

4) Do you paint your fingernails and toenails? What is your favorite color for each if you do?

I don’t paint my toes – never have. I’ve done my nails from time to time though. I like nice neutral tones, or colors that are complimentary to my skin tone. I don’t go for reds or blues or anything like that.

It's been a long time since I did my nails. Maybe I should give it another go one of these days...

5) Have you ever played paintball? Have you ever wanted to?

I reserve the right to not answer that question…. Gotta keep some secrets.



Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!