site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, October 15, 2007
Let's Talk About Stitching....
...I figure since I'm a cross stitcher, and that's part of why I started this blog I should talk about it once in a while, right?

I don't think that I've talked about it here in months. And this isn't going to be a long entry, I'm sad to say. I've been stitching, here and there, but I've also been crocheting. Scarves mostly. For my kids. I've made three scarves this year and have another one in the works. And will probably have a fifth one done before the year ends. Amidst all this I've taught myself to knit and purl and have the yarn, needles and pattern ready for making a Gryffindor scarf.

Yes, I've become addicted to thicker types of string. DH made a comment while I was winding a hank into a ball about needing a cat, or that I've turned into a cat. My response? "Meow."

Ah, but the first love is stitching and always will be. So what have I been up to lately in that arena? Naturally, a model. For whom? Who else? Dracolair and that's all I'm going to say about it in specifics. It's a gorgeous piece and I'm really enjoying it and we've been working on it for a year and a half.

Yes, a year and a half. It's not that it's spectacularly huge or anything. It's the same size as the other two models I've stitched for her. We've just done this one in pieces as she's been busy raising her two adorable young sons. And this one is rapidly nearing the finish line.

In other stitching news I finished the show special that Just Nan had at Hershey CATS. The picture, I'm sad to say in a normal twist of events, has been trapped in the camera for the last week and a half. I think that may be my only stitching finish this year that I can recall. Everything else has been working a little bit here or a little bit there. I know I put some work in on Fortunate Traveller early in the year and I restarted Desiderata. I may have breathed briefly on Floral Bellpull and thought about the other pieces but done nothing about them.

This month there's a Teresa Wentzler stitch-a-long on The Wagon and I vowed to join it if I wasn't working on the model. But we're halfway through the month and I'm still working on the model. I might be able to join the stitching in a week or so, but no promises. Or I could put the model down and work on a TW (I was thinking Floral Bellpull, as it's a little over halfway complete).

What do you think folks? Model or TW? I'll take your comments into consideration as I try and make a decision in the next day or so. And maybe I'll work on another scarf in the meantime.